So you bought a stock and it’s done good and you’re making money, maybe even lots of it.
- First, why did you buy it? That’ll often help you decide when to sell.
- Second, is it still going up? Have a line in the sand, using charts, at which you sell.
- Third, is the news still all good? Bad news means to sell.
- US inflation due Thursday, expected is 7.9%.
- Binance buys FTX
- Time for gold?
- Murray & Roberts (JSE code: MUR) sell Clough for very little but get rid of a lot of inter-company debt.
- Leisure stocks looking good, especially the Sun International* (JSE code: SUI) chart.
- “However, due to the immense interest from the public, as well as international investors to date, we decided to extend the period by 2 more weeks. This will allow for the investors that missed the deadline, to be part of this amazing opportunity to own shares in Cilo Cybin Holdings.”. Not a good sign.
- Elon Musk sells Tesla (Nasdaq code: TSLA) shares worth US$4billion after saying in April he would sell no more. But this should be enough to keep Twitter afloat for the next year.
- Meta (Nasdaq code: META) to fire 11,000 workers, about 13% of the workforce.
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Thursdays are all about hard-core investing with Simon Brown’s famous JSE Direct podcast. JSE Direct started life on ClassicFM in July 2008 and became a podcast in 2011. Every week Simon chats to industry experts, answers listener question (contact him here to send your Q’s) and gives his views on the state of markets and individual shares.
Reach Simon by email at email@example.com,
or Twitter @SimonPB