- Massmart (JSE code: MSM) update, retail margins are being squeezed, the exception is clothing retail.
- Thungela Resources (JSE code: TGA) very strong trading update.
- JSE (JSE code: JSE) results, strong.
- Nancy Pelosi lands in Taiwan and markets don’t really care and China will complain – but this is not leading to war.
- Uber (NYSE code: UBER) finally hits cash flow positive.
- OPEC+ 100,000 b/d output hike, expectations (hopes?) were for 4-5x that and the second smallest increase since 1986.
- Earn 11% with Retail Savings Bonds
What’s the only thing we control in markets
The price we pay
Everything else is beyond our control
So use your one power carefully
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
JSE Direct Podcast
Thursdays are all about hard-core investing with Simon Brown’s famous JSE Direct podcast. JSE Direct started life on ClassicFM in July 2008 and became a podcast in 2011. Every week Simon chats to industry experts, answers listener question (contact him here to send your Q’s) and gives his views on the state of markets and individual shares.
Reach Simon by email at email@example.com,
or Twitter @SimonPB