- The good news is the US had a green week last week, for the first time in 8 weeks
- Goldfields (JSE code: GFI) is down on news it paying a chunky 33.8% premium to acquire Canadian Yamana Gold in an all-share deal
- We finally got the petrol price increase and the 150c fuel levy reduction remains in force, for now.
- German inflation hits 7.9% for May. Highest since the 1950s. EU inflation for May 8.1%, the highest ever.
- EU agrees on a partial ban on Russian oil imports
- Monthly dividends in a JSE equity portfolio
- Offshore ETFs paying monthly dividends
Demand destruction in commodities
There comes a point at which a commodities price is simply too high and the price itself reduces demand. Depending on the commodity high prices often need to be high for protracted periods of time.
14 Jul 2022
12:30 pm - 5:00 pm
INVEST Talk: Get Your Head out of the Sand!
The Venue Green Park, Sandton Johannesburg
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
JSE Direct Podcast
Thursdays are all about hard-core investing with Simon Brown’s famous JSE Direct podcast. JSE Direct started life on ClassicFM in July 2008 and became a podcast in 2011. Every week Simon chats to industry experts, answers listener question (contact him here to send your Q’s) and gives his views on the state of markets and individual shares.
Reach Simon by email at email@example.com,
or Twitter @SimonPB