Moody Moodys and investing for income
- Moodys did not downgrade us, but they did put us on review for a downgrade that will put us one notch above junk status. Then we’ll have all three rating agencies on the same level with Standard & Poor heading the pack as we’re on a negative outlook with them.
- Local bank results looking good with impairments improving (expect for Barclays Africa). On the surface they look cheap, but not if earnings weaken going forward, and earnings will weaken.
- Now Old Mutual (JSE code: OML) may split itself up and return back to South Africa. But will (can) it sell Nedbank (JSE code: NED)?
We Get Mail
- AntonK (via Twitter)
- Simon, why would you call it (AB Inbev, JSE code ANB) ex growth as the two brewers together have roughly 30% global market share?.
- CraigNotAlan (via Twitter)
- Investing lump sum in ETFs in these markets, local & int – immediate or phased over time (& period)?
- The issue I have is that I don’t have any pure property ETFs or unit trusts (except for the odd property companies within my ETFs/unit trusts). I am aware that the ProptraxTen is more of a income yielding portfolio which may be good for the TFSA, where as CSEW40 may be more of a growth portfolio if I’m not mistaken.
Download the audio file here or subscriber to our feed here or sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live or subscribe in iTunes.
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.