CoreShare Total World ETF (GLOBAL)
Benefit from exposure to 25 developed markets & 24 emerging markets.
CoreShares is delighted to announce the launch of the CoreShares Total World An exchange-traded fund (ETF) is a listed investment product. ETFs are usually index-tracking products, which means a single ETF share gives the holder exposure to an entire index—sometimes consisting of thousands of individual shares. ETFs give investors the opportunity to invest in entire markets easily and cheaply. ETF units (also called shares) can be bought wherever you buy ordinary shares, More (share code: GLOBAL) which tracks the FTSE Global All Cap Index. This An index is a tool we can use to measure movement over time. In the stock market, we use indices to track the performance of a selection of listed companies. This could include all the companies listed on the market, or all the companies in a certain sector. In inflation, we use an index to track the price of certain represents the full opportunity set of large, mid, and small-cap stocks across 25 developed and 24 emerging markets, comprising over 9000 constituents across 10 sectors and is arguably the most comprehensive ‘all in’ global strategy to be When a company or product is listed, you can buy and sell its shares on a stock exchange like the JSE. Listing on a stock exchange makes it possible for members of the public to invest in a company using the infrastructure provided by the exchange and its brokers instead of going directly to the company to buy shares. on the JSE.
- The CoreShares Total World ETF is a compelling way for South African investors to access global equity exposure for these reasons:
- TOTAL exposure – This is one of the most comprehensive global strategies covering most markets within ONE simplified product.
“Real economy” global equity exposure – Emerging Markets (EM) makeup over one-third of world GDP and should be represented in a truly global equity An asset or item that is purchased with the hope that it will generate income or appreciate in the future. In an economic sense, an investment is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth. In finance, an investment is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset More strategy. EM makes up an important 11% of this benchmark.
- Diversification – This index offers efficient exposure to a broad range of countries, currencies, sectors, and companies around the globe. Investors can access an increased number of shares and better geographic Diversification is a way to manage risk when we invest. It means we spread our financial interests across a number of investments. We can diversify by asset class by having an emergency fund, share investments and property. We can diversify within an asset class, for example by investing in more than one company or an ETF that offers broad-market exposure. More than ever before by investing in this product.
- Avoid the “home bias” – While South Africa makes up just a tiny portion of global markets, most South Africans are overly exposure to the local market and economy and would benefit from a more diversified global investment In the world of finance, a "portfolio" is a term to describe all the assets you own. It includes shares, cash, bonds, physical property, your retirement savings, your tax-free savings and any other financial instruments you might hold. It excludes insurance products like life insurance. Your overall portfolio can be made up of a number of portfolios held at different
- Exposure to high growth economies – Investors are rewarded when making EM allocations as the returns typically associated with these developing (and statistically riskier) markets leads to better performance over the long term.
- Cost – The CoreShares Total World ETF is a cost-effective way to achieve a truly global investment, carrying a modest management fee of 0.15% and a targeted The total expense ratio (TER) The TER is the measure we use to determine how much it costs to run an ETF. Your ETF return is whatever the market delivers minus the cost of running the ETF. We only know the exact TER at the end of a period (usually a year), because even if the issuer can predict its More of 0.29%.
The fund is suitable for all investors (whether large or small) looking to make a long term, global equity investment and diversify outside of South Africa.
- Download the presentation slides here.