- Bitcoin* hits US$48,000 as Tesla declares they put US$1.5billion into the crypto.
- Platinum finally on the move and above US$1,200 for the first time since 2015.
- Sibanye Stillwater* (JSE code: SSW) best illustrates the boom in mining profits. In 2019 they made R62million now 2020 they expect almost R30billion and over 1000c HEPS. Could we see a 500c dividend?
- Metrofile* (JSE code: MFL) very solid update and the stock has recovered from their 2019 wobble. There are still two potential buyers, one stuck in Australia, truthfully, I would rather they remain potential and I will hold the stock.
- Weekly, Wednesday at 5.30pm ~ Follow the Trader
- 18 February ~ Everything ETFs and tax-free investing
- 04 March ~ Things I wish I knew: the beginner trader
- Download the audio file here
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
Should I sell the bounce?
Depends why you bought the stock.
- A long-term investment? No, then you keep it and focus on fundamentals rather than price.
- A quick trade to make a few bucks. Then absolutely sell the bounce, you won’t get the top price (well maybe you’ll get lucky) and as we saw with Telkom (JSE code: TKG) the bounce just keeps on bouncing. So watch and wait and sell on weakness after the bounce That may be immediate or may take a few days or a week.
Waiting for the weakness is a skill you’ll learn, slowly over time.
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.