- Just two weeks ago I was moaning about a sideways market going nowhere, now we have eight green days in a row with local markets joining much of the world at all time highs.
- Famous Brands* (JSE code: FBR) trading update was bleak, very bleak. Interest costs we expected, they suggest SA doing well enough. But UK losing money after paying some R2billion is a shocker.
- PPC (JSE code: PPC) has doubled in price, remember I said wait for doubling and then buy. So heres your entry.
- Santova* (JSE code: SNV) comes out with very good trading update considering ZAR strength during the period.
- List of all listed ETFs ranked by their TERs. A great list from Kristia.
- Up coming events;
When to short shares
A recent flurry of emails from people shorting stocks and getting burnt. In particular shorts on Capitec*, Naspers and Kumba. A side note that emailing me is a form of confirmation bias as the emailers wanted me to essentially confirm they were right and the market was wrong.
First rule is don’t.
Second rule is don’t short on fundamentals. Short on price action, if you want coupled with fundamentals. But don’t just decide a share is expensive so now it must go down, it can get way more expensive.
- Download the audio file here
- Subscriber to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes.
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.