- Prosus (JSE code: PRX) selling another 2% of Tencent.
- Purple* (JSE code PPE) trading update for six months ending February. HEPS of about 0.85c. They did 1.54c HEPS for full year ending August after a loss in the first half last year. So this period showing slower growth.
Growthpoint (JSE code: GRT) announced that their healthcare fund tops R3.2bn with Cintocare Hospital acquisition.
- The JSE is investigating PPC (JSE code: PPC) trades amid insider trading suspicions as the share moved ahead of the announcement last week.
- The IMF now says SA’s economy will grow faster at 3.1% in 2021 and 2% in 2022, but it will take over two years to recover from the 7% collapse we saw last year.
- Janet Yellen wants all countries to have a minimum corporate tax rate.
- 15 April ~ Everything ETFs and tax-free investing
- Download the audio file here
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
Selling to early
This is a problem for both traders and investors.
Part of the problem is the thrill of a winner, we’ve made money and we want to lock in that profit so the thrill doesn’t go away, and we sell – but we sell way early.
The bigger issue is what are you trying to achieve?
- As always know your strategy and know why you entered a position.
- Be real about taking profits, that is why we’re in the market.
- But balance that with giving winners space to win even more.
Analysis of previous winners you exited early. Why did you do exit and what could you have done to stay in longer? What about some you exited at the right profit point?
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Meet the Just One Lap team at these free live events
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.
Subscribe to Just One Lap