- Local inflation slightly higher at 4.8% in August, as expected.
- UK inflation hits 18 month low at 6.7%.
- Spur (JSE code: SUR) is ex-div and price back around 2600c.
- ARM (Nasdaq code: AR~M) listing, another very expensive stock.
Disney* (NYSE code: DIS) valuation at decade lows
- Succession issues
- Bob-Bob-Bob. Now latest Bob wants to stay longer.
- Struggling and may be for sale?
- Disney+ and Hulu
- Theme parks
- Plans to invest $60billion over the next 10 years, more than double previously committed.
- Marvel + Star Wars
- Both giant brands
- Politicians move on eventually.
Disney is pretty much as cheap as it was a decade ago, when it bought Star Wars for $4billion in the deal of the decade pic.twitter.com/vVbxZlE3TM
— Simon Brown (@SimonPB) September 12, 2023
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Thursdays are all about hard-core investing and trading with Simon Brown’s famous JSE Direct podcast. JSE Direct started life on ClassicFM in July 2008 and became a podcast in 2011. Every week Simon shares his views on the state of global economies, individual shares and events moving markets.