- Thungela (JSE code: TGA). Coal prices doing great, production is good but rail is the problem but HEPS is expected at 5800c. If we double for the full year we can expect ±R116 and a dividend of ±R100?
- Stor-Age* (JSE code: SSS) results are not exciting but steady.
- Omnia (JSE code: OMN) results were really strong, another special dividend and good future prospects.
- Orion Minerals (JSE code: ORN) raises money to get their Prieska up and running. Expected to take some 19 months.
- Amazon prime coming to South Africa next year. It will seriously challenge Takealot, owned by Naspers (JSE code: NPN)).
- City Lodge* (JSE code: CLH) trading update show them cash flow positive with occupancies back in profit.
Crypto in trouble
Not an inflation hedge nor a store of value. Just another risk asset. The problem is as QE ends and rates rise, will it still see a strong inflow of money? I think not.
It’s not the end crypto, but new highs could be some way off.
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
JSE Direct Podcast
Thursdays are all about hard-core investing with Simon Brown’s famous JSE Direct podcast. JSE Direct started life on ClassicFM in July 2008 and became a podcast in 2011. Every week Simon chats to industry experts, answers listener question (contact him here to send your Q’s) and gives his views on the state of markets and individual shares.
Reach Simon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or Twitter @SimonPB