- GameStop closed at US$90 on Tuesday.
- Jeff Bezos to step down as Amazon CEO.
- Apple knockout results.
- Ford to spend R15.8billion on local plant upgrade.
- Weekly, Wednesday at 5.30pm ~ Follow the Trader
- 18 February ~ Everything ETFs and tax-free investing
- Download the audio file here
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
Booming SA Inc. consumers?
We’re seeing decent updates from local retailers so far this year, which is odd. Now let’s be clear, decent not knock it out the park.
- Distell (JSE code: DGH) lost 41 days of sales in the second half of 2020 yet expects HEPS to be + 8.6% – +13.6%.
- Motus (JSE code: MTH) expect HEPS to be 0% – 5% higher, sent the stock up some 20% in two days.
A few possible reasons;
- Lockdown so we have money to spend
- Working from home saving on transport
- Social grants increased
36One calculate some R100bn extra from social grants but also people taking money out of pension schemes & retrenchment packages. The risk here is that this is temporary, which is certainly the 36One fear.
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.