- US elections, everybody nows who won except the orange one and the GOP.
- Vaccine news from Pfizer and BioNTech has changed market behaviour. Banks and consumer stocks now the rage while tech and gold is falling.
- Locally banks are flying.
Interesting to see the JSE All Share up circa 14.4% over the last 6. months yet its biggest constituent Naspers only up 3.71% over the same period. A lot of underlying and broad strength. @SimonPB @CAPITALSIGMAza @smalltalkdaily
— Mark Tobin (@mtobinwex) November 11, 2020
- 05 November ~ JSE Power Hour: Searching for income
- 19 November ~ JSE Power Hour: Twenty years of ETFs
- Download the audio file here
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
Somebody strikes it big in one field, and now they think they’re the smartest person in any field.
A CEO of a successful company leaves to start a new company, they just assume it’ll work and investors believe them. We see this all the time.
The successful business person thinks they know how to run the government.
Heck, we see it during this pandemic when suddenly every second person was (and often still thinks they are) an epidemiologist.
There are some exceptions; Elon Musk and Steve Jobs two who come to mind.
The successful person also readily ignores the role of luck in their success. Fooled by Randomness by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
The answer is simple. Just because somebody is great in one area, do not assume that they have any skills in any other area.
* Phrase stolen from Anton Harber
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.