“This week’s episode of JSE Direct is courtesy of IG.com, our preferred supplier in trading products.”
- Day 105 of lockdown and Covid-19 cases are still spiking in South Africa.
- Omnia (JSE code: OMN) results.
- Suddenly everybody wants to own cyclical Quantum Foods (JSE code: QFH).
- Standard Bank ETNs are expiring next month.
- Gold stocks are flying and everybody is asking me if they’ve missed the boat? Likely not, especially as this pandemic is not just a 2020 event.
- Dis-Chem (JSE code: DCP) fined R1.2m for its ‘exploitative’ behaviour. They will appeal.
- Steinhoff JSE code: SNH) is selling its Conforama France for a nominal sum and some property for Euro70million. They paid Euro1.2billion for the business back in 2009.
- The Reserve Bank bought only R5.1billion of local government bonds in the secondary market in June. This after R10billion in May and R20billion in April.
- MultiChoice (JSE code: MCG) has launched a new streaming service, Showmax Pro, with live sport, music and news channels. Not yet in South Africa, it is likely to cost around R300 a month and will launch locally later in 2020.
- Taste (JSE code: TAS) has announced a name change to Luxe holdings and a 100:1 consolidation. Always be short a consolidation, or at the very least don’t be long.
- 15 July ~ Trading 101: Managing risk
- 16 July ~ JSE Power Hour: How to manage your portfolio during a pandemic
- Download the audio file here
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.