- UK snap election for 8 June and French first round presidential elections this Sunday.
- Pick n Pay (JSE code: PIK) results looking decent but stock remains expensive.
- Combined Motor Holdings (JSE code: CMH), amazing results in a tough space. Top management and solid balance sheet.
- World Bank cuts our 2017 growth target from their original 1.1% to 0.6%, after cabinet reshuffle and subsequent downgrades.
How we hurt our trading and why are we not content
Message from a trading friend;
“I think the true art of trading is learning to be completely satisfied with your own objectives. Rather than constantly worrying about what could have been if …”
Trading is simple. Buy when the chart says buy, sell when it says sell and sit on your hands in-between. But we over think it, we believe in complexity and this hurts us.
I did not go short over the long weekend because, well politicians. I decide that I needed a new rule about 4 day weekends, do not hold over them? In truth I have been trading my ALSI systems all through recent recalls and shuffles and it had one of it’s best runs on recent years for March with a very good April thus far. So why the sudden decision to change rules re long weekends? And what about three day weekends, will they in time also be bad? Normal two day weekends and eventually overnight holding?
We Get Mail
- I would like to pick your brain about the big “nationalising” of banks and mines. If nationalisation is on the cards we all lose? Or do we? Or is it hot air? You would also be out of a job? Or would you? Questions everywhere and I have no answers.
- Download the audio file here
- Subscriber to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes.
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.
Subscribe to Just One Lap