- Results are pouring in, food producers are struggling.
- Coronation (JSE code: CML) results with DY of over 10% and PE ±9X.
- Snap Inc (NYSE code: SNAP) profit warning. It now trades at half its listing price.
- Current under recovery in petrol price is 236c, + the 150c fuel levy suspension means we could see a 386c increase in June to over R25 a litre!
- What’s your fav ETF? We ask our readers, Rochelle is first up and likes an offshore ETF with a monthly dividend payment of almost 1%.
- Hello Eskom, best budget power banks.
Slightly better than average is enough
Investors and traders love big winners. That 10 bagger that happens in a matter of months or maybe a few years. But by consistently hunting for those big winners we’re taking larger risks.
We’re better off aiming for the modest winners.
Beating your benchmark by 2% a year sees you with almost 50% more after twenty years.
A recent Planet Money Podcast, Investing in mediocrity, talks about a fund manager who only ever aimed to be in the top third of all funds. After a decade of succeeding at that, they were the top fund over ten years.
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
JSE Direct Podcast
Thursdays are all about hard-core investing with Simon Brown’s famous JSE Direct podcast. JSE Direct started life on ClassicFM in July 2008 and became a podcast in 2011. Every week Simon chats to industry experts, answers listener question (contact him here to send your Q’s) and gives his views on the state of markets and individual shares.
Reach Simon by email at email@example.com,
or Twitter @SimonPB