- Capitec* (JSE code: CPI) through R800. This is why I don’t try time exits on long-term investments. Things can get crazy.
- Pembury is listing their schools division and it will likely do well on listing but I am not convinced and am not applying for allocation.
- Has the Trump rally hit a wall?
- Most of the cash for my Sea Harvest allocation has reappeared in my brokerage account, suggesting I got 3.8% allocation. We’ll see how it trades as to whether I buy more in open market sell and run. I would like to hold in my second tier portfolio, but only if the numbers work and if it spikes madly on day one I will more likely sell into the spike and wait for things to settle.
Buying Bitoin (Code: BTC)
Started in October 2008 with zero value as the first crypto currency it now trades around US$1,100 and has an ardent fan base. The questions are if it is the future of money? CoinMarketCap lists over 750 crypto currencies with a total market cap of over USD24billion. That said Bitcoin has a market cap of almost US$18billion with Ethereum on a market cap of almost US$4billion (up almost 50% in the last week) leaving very little for the other 750 crypto currencies. But they are very volatile and a commodity rather than a currency, but should we be investing or trading in them?
We Get Mail
- If people want interest, they want the most interest. My question is simple. Why are there so many options? Govi, Ilbi, or a call account with my bank? Which do I pick and why do I pick it?
- If I am looking for somewhere to park cash (i.e. protection of capital and quick access are key), other putting the money in a bank what would be the more suitable options? Also in this respect would there been any advantage in investing in an inflation linked bond ETF as opposed to directly in a bond?
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Meet the Just One Lap team at these free live events
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.