- Retailers, woe is worrid. Aside from Foschini (JSE code; TFG) and Lewis (JSE code: LEW) they have ranged from horrid to truly astoundingly horrid. Shoprite* (JSE code: SHP) has also put out a trading update to follow on from the so-so sales update and aside from some internal issues and Angolan hyperinflation the margins are also crumbling.
- EOH caught in a SENS from Eskom late on Monday, but took them until Wednesday morning to respond – simple too slow as the stock fell almost 15% on Tuesday.
- Ellies (JSE code: ELI) was a stock I was watching after they made almost 8c HEPS in the year ending April 2018. But now it seems they swung into a loss for the six months ending October and have a board that is falling apart.
- Taste (JSE code: TAS) announce they need some R580million and +5 years to at best reach break even?
- Minimalism: Can you eat it?
- The perks of being exactly average.
- Upcoming events
So Safcoin finally started trading in December and I thought I’d send a series of follow up questions to the founder, Neil Ferreira, about how it’s all going, promises he’d made and some odd things I was seeing on their trading platform. I sent the questions early Monday asking for reply by Wednesday 10am, and he hasn’t responded?
- Find the questions I was asking this time here.
- They threatened to sue me here.
- They answered my first set of questions from August 2018 here.
- Download the audio file here
- Subscriber to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSEDirect is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.