- Shoprite* (JSE code: SHP) results, it’s all about innovation.
- Strong un International* (JSE code: SUI) update.
- War in Europe, commodities still the story. Very volatile, that’s expected. But I expect more upside and I am happy to hold.
Prosus (JSE code PRX) / Naspers (JSE code: NPN) / Tencent (Hong Kong code: 700)
Tencent has been under pressure
Naspers and Prosus been hit even harder
Live Prosus discount to net asset value (NAV) is now some 55% after hitting 60%. (Download the spreadsheet here)
VK (old mail.ru) has been written down to zero.
Generally unlisted is worth a lot less than stated?
Buy / Sell / Hold?
- VIE structure
- China has not taken sides in the war, so far
- Tax on profits if they sell Tencent
- More Chinese crackdowns?
- Prosus has been wasting money from the sale of 2% stake in Tencent?
- Buying back shares
- Buying Delivery Hero (Frankfurt code: DHER)
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
JSE Direct Podcast
Thursdays are all about hard-core investing with Simon Brown’s famous JSE Direct podcast. JSE Direct started life on ClassicFM in July 2008 and became a podcast in 2011. Every week Simon chats to industry experts, answers listener question (contact him here to send your Q’s) and gives his views on the state of markets and individual shares.
Reach Simon by email at email@example.com,
or Twitter @SimonPB