It’s our 60th show! At the time of recording we were also only a few downloads shy of the 70 000 download mark. What a time to be alive! We are so grateful for your support.
This week we received a bunch of related questions about my favourite topic – ETFs. We discuss:
- TER: How it’s calculated and what it means for your investment. I also wrote an article about it here.
- Spread: The cost that’s not a cost.
- The difference between ETFs and ETNs.
- How to put together an ETF portfolio.
- How to choose between two similar ETF products.
- How to understand risk.
- How to trade (or not trade) the volatility index.
We also decided on a whim to put together a Fat Wallet index. It’s a fun way to see how indices are created and to see if we’re collectively smart enough to beat the market. You can submit your favourite listed company for inclusion in the index by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Maybe we can get some industry peeps to take us through the nuts and bolts in a future episode.
- Listen / download here.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed here.
- Subscribe or rate us in iTunes.
- Sign up here to receive an email every time a new show goes live.
Click here to meet the Just One Lap team at one of our live, free events.