- South African inflation was 3.2% in March 2021.
- Pick n Pay (JSE code: PIK) results show it was all liquor and tobacco that was the pain as it was off 31%.
- Karooooo (JSE code: KRO) has returned after exiting as Cartrack. The market seemed confused as it opened at 6500c, it is now trading R480. Still well off the adjusted highs f over R900 as everybody got all excited about the Nasdaq listing.
- Long4Life (JSE code: L4L) hints at possible unbundling as it looks to unlock shareholder value. I’m confused, they were just consolidating by buying up businesses? I held them but sold early in the pandemic as they were so small in my portfolio and weren’t doing much with their cash.
- Absa (JSE code: ABG) loses their CEO.
- Cell C reports R5.5billion full-year loss. Horror story and I never understood what Blue Label (JSE code: BLU) saw in the business.
- PSG results without Capitec* (JSE code: CPI) and they’re buying back their preference shares.
- 22 April ~ Introducing the CoreShares Total World ETF
- 06 March ~ JSE Power Hour: Finding income in JSE listings
- Download the audio file here
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.