- Purple Group* (JSE code: PPE) now has 1million clients across all platform. A wowzer number.
What an incredible milestone achieved today. Across all platforms & partners we’ve reached 1 million registrations. @CapitecBankSA @SATRIX_SA @BidvestBankSA @EasyEquities hard to describe how grateful I am to all you #invstr legends that challenge us to rise each day. 🙏🙏🙏
— Charles H Savage (@CharlesHSavage) May 5, 2021
- Combined Motor Holdings (JSE code: CMH) full year results. Second half saw decent cash flow, back to profit and dividends.
- Metrofile* (JSE code: MFL) are cancelling 4.18628% of their treasury shares.
- MTN (JSE code: MTN) first-quarter update, good numbers with group EBITDA +21.3%. Forward PE of around 11x is decent as it’s being priced as a utility, albeit was even better back at 6000c when forward PE was c8x.
- Revego (JSE code: RVG) cancelled the listing.
- Tax Tuesday: Tax obligations for global citizens
- Download the audio file here
- Subscribe to our feed here
- Sign up for email alerts as a new show goes live
- Subscribe or review us in iTunes
PGMs Flying, miners not so much
Palladium above US$3,000 (all-time high)
Platinum above US$1,200 (six-year high)
Rhodium above US$29,000 (all-time high)
PGMs are considered a ‘green’ metal in that they help reduce CO2 emissions.
Demand remains above supply.
- But production will increase.
- Scrap is increasing (especially with iron ore at records)
- Rand is strengthening and will likely continue to do so
But the listed miners are languishing nowhere, why?
JSE – The JSE is a registered trademark of the JSE Limited.
JSE Direct is an independent broadcast and is not endorsed or affiliated with, nor has it been authorised, or otherwise approved by JSE Limited. The views expressed in this programme are solely those of the presenter, and do not necessarily reflect the views of JSE Limited.
Thursdays are all about hard-core investing with Simon Brown’s famous JSEDirect podcast. JSEDirect started life on ClassicFM in July 2008 and became a podcast in 2011. Every week Simon chats to industry experts, answers listener question (contact him here to send your Q’s) and gives his views on the state of markets and individual shares.
Reach Simon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or Twitter @SimonPB